Making his way to the ring.....


Hello Ladies and Gentleman thank you for reading and welcome to this brand new wrestling blog, Bell2Bell wrestling!

My name is Chris Donald from the UK and I have been a huge fan of wrestling for nearly 20 years. Over the years I have watched massive promotions like WWF/E, WCW and ECW, as well as independent companies like ROH, ICW, WCPW and many others. I have lived through the Attitude Era, the end of the Monday Night Wars, the Rise of TNA and ROH, right up to todays amazing era of wrestling. I have had a passion for writing my whole life so have decided its time to bring my passions together and create this blog.

My plan for this blog is to have several weekly posts with reviews for WWE  Raw, Smackdown and PPVs to start with as well as a post rounding up the weeks biggest news stories. Once I have gotten the hang of writing on here and gained some interest I plan to do reviews for more shows and companies as well as some special posts!

To end this introduction post I am going to make my predictions for tonight's WWE event Payback!


Pre-Show Match: Enzo and Cass Vs Gallows and Anderson
Its time for these two teams to FINALLY finish this and move away from each other after this. WWE have done this match to death and totally killed any momentum these guys may have left. Its a shame because both teams are capable of challenging and being Tag champions but they are so far down the pecking order its sad. Gallows and Anderson should win this decisively.

WWE Cruiserweight title Match: Neville (c) Vs Austin Aries
These guys had a decent match on the Wrestlemania Pre-Show 4 weeks ago and I expect them to do more of the same at Payback. Neville has been an absolute revelation since turning heel and I would argue has saved the Cruiserweight divison. Aries is a fantastic talent and has been very entertaining in his current face role. I expect Neville to retain with an assist from the recently turned TJ Perkins and continue his excellent run as champion.

WWE Raw Womens title Match: Bayley (c) Vs Alexa Bliss
The recent superstar shake-up saw the top female heel on Smackdown Alexa Bliss swap with the top female heel on Raw Charlotte, and both shows have already benefited massively. Bliss has been one of the standout performers since the draft and Bayley is one of the best wrestlers in the company right now. Bayley should retain in front of her home crowd although WWE do have this thing for having the home town hero lose! Unless a possible Sasha Banks heel turn happens costing her the title, I expect Bayley to retain.

WWE Raw Tag Team title Match: The Hardy Boys (c) Vs Cesaro and Sheamus
Without question the biggest pop of Wrestlemania came when the Hardys made thier long awaited return to the WWE and ended up winning the Raw Tag Team titles in the same night. The following night the popular once enemies now besties team of Cesaro and Sheamus became no.1 contenders and have started an interesting program of respect with the Hardys but have also shown signs of a potential break up or heel turn for both men. Whatever happens I predict The Hardys will retain.

WWE United States Championship title Match: Kevin Owens (c) Vs Chris Jericho
Arguably the best story going into Wrestlemania 33, Owens Vs Jericho was a decent enough match but I couldn't help but feel they had more to offer. With Owens now on Smackdown and Jericho due for some time away with his band Fozzy, I expect this match to be better than their Mania match and has potential to be the match of the night. I fully expect Owens to retain and continue to be The New Face of America!

Seth Rollins Vs Samoa Joe
This is the match I am most looking forward to as I believe both men are more than capable of putting on a match of the year potential match. The story has been built up well as Rollins has yet to get revenge for the attack from Joe back in January which almost resulted in Seth missing another Wrestlemania. Its hard to really see where both men go after this match but I have high hopes that this match will deliver massively in quality. Its a tough call to predict but I'm gonna go with Seth winning with his new finisher which should definitely be called the Kingslayer!

House of Horrors Match: Bray Wyatt Vs Randy Orton
The moment Randy Orton hit an RKO on Bray and got the win at Wrestlemania this feud has been pretty much dead to me. I love Bray but there's only so many spooky promos he can do and with both men now on seperate shows and half moving on to other feuds the sooner this match is done the better. All that is known about this match is that it will start in the 'House' and end in the ring. Its less predictable now the WWE title is no longer on the line and I am positive they will deliver something better than terrible. My optimisim is hoping for a Bray win but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost how often he loses big matches.

Braun Strowman Vs Roman Reigns
Undoubtably Braun's recent beat down of Roman Reigns was one of the best seen on WWE television for quite some time. The booking of Braun as the literal Monster Among Men has been near perfect so far with his only blemish coming at the hands of Reigns back at Fastlane. Reigns is obviously not going to get the best reaction (he never does!) and will be interesting to see how split the crowd is but they should hopefully be hot for it. I'm surprised it is just a regular match at the moment but I could see them adding some sort of violent stipulation on the night. I'm hoping for a Braun win as he needs it more if he is soon to be challenging Brock forn the Universal title.



So there we have it! I hope you enjoyed this first post and come back tomorrow when I have my review of Payback. I appreciate any feedback and if you have the time please feel free to comment with your thoughts on this first post and Payback as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Review

This Week in The Universe 2018 #8

This Week in The Universe 2018 #6